Perhaps we didn't discuss books enough. Perhaps you wish to know what I was like when I was young. The kind of books I read...did I like romance better or humor? What genre did I love reading? And maybe you will take a look at this list and feel you have known me better...

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Book review meme - Darjeeling

For Sukumar's tag:

The aroma of tea accompanies the reader throughout the journey with this book. A grandmother trying to set things right in her very different grand-daughter's lives - Aloka, beautiful, delicate, talented and Sujatha - independent, smart and rebellious...and the love of their lives, Pranab...and blending with these colorful characters is Darjeeling itself and it's tea. Bharti switches the scene effortlessly to the sisters' lives in America and how their grandmother draws them back together for an interesting finale...one of the best books I have read recently.

And I tag Subhashini, Pradnya and Parth. Not sure whom else to tag :)